Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Greener than I thought!

While taking our recycle to the curb this morning I realized I needed to change our Wednesday schedule to account for the extra time that recycling takes. I then found a timely update waiting in my email from Jill Hart, founder of CWAHM.com with her post "Be Green: Work from Home." The eco-friendliness of working at home includes less gas and less paper waste. My favorites on Jill's list though are the less obvious ones - "more choice" and "more time." As managers of our homes, Jill states, we have the ability to choose the products we use throughout. We also may have more time to give to such things as recycling and composting (sic). Our family goes by the motto "More is caught than taught" so I feel blessed to be able to work from home and share with my children some of these simple acts.

2 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

Richele: I am so delighted to find you. I saw your info posted at the library and came home to check out your site! How exciting!! I would love to come out to your story-time. Is there a sign up...or is it just "show up?" Is there an age limit? I have 2 boys: 4 & 1 1/2 Well, I just wanted to say HELLO from a fellow BerkshireMomma and hopefully I'll be able to meet you soon! :)

Richele said...

Hi Erin! Thanks for posting a "hello." I hope we can meet as well and I'm sure our boys would have fun together.