Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Not having a goal is more to be feared than not reaching one."

So said the fortune cookie I received at the end of a wonderful meal with my family at a local sushi bar. It seems even the fortune writer understood "luck" has little to do with achieving a desired result. The Bible is full of goal-setting. Paul and Timothy, in their letter to the Philippians, talk about taking Christ as our living. Ruth stated her goals to Naomi in Ruth 1:16 "Wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you dwell, I will dwell; and your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." In fact, we see God's economy -- from the Greek word, oikonomia, which means household management or plan -- throughout the Bible. If He, in His infinite wisdom, has desired, planned and purposed, it seems important that we should as well. Thus begins a series of posts on goal-setting, household management and scheduling that I hope will help encourage you, whether you are a work at home mom or a family that homeschools.

2 comments:

Carrie Johnson said...

I love your blog! Where did you find the template? Just curious if there are others usable with google's blogspot. I like yours... subtle and classy.

Richele said...

Thanks Carrie! I used Pyzam.com and they do have lots of free templates for blogspot. I just had news that one of my favorite artists is graciously allowing me to use one of her images. Stay tuned for a new blog look.