Friday, January 30, 2009

The View from Here


The boys and I were all in bed for over a week with the flu. So what does one do when everyone, including mom, is confined to bed and Papa is away on a business trip? Other than sleeping lots and trying to force liquids, we did none of our scheduled schooling but read lots - making it through all 300 pages of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Farmer Boy. We played many rounds of "Rhyme Time." Rules are simple: one child picks a word and then each person takes a turn adding a rhyming word until we can go on no longer and we start another word.

I was also able to get a head start on purchasing my books for Year 2, visiting Karen's Living Books on Ebay.

A 1st edition book from favorite author H.E. Marshall for Year 2, purchased from Ebay for $16 during our recent illness.

2 comments:

{ jamie } said...

I've just had a lovely first visit to your blog. ♥
I'd love for you to host the CM carnival sometime; I'll have to check the schedule to see when my next opening is. Thanks for offering!

Richele said...

Oooh, I'd love that - a new learning experience for me and all those great Charlotte Mason posts to share!
Richele