Monday, March 16, 2009

The Way of the Will


Having just returned from a wonderful two-week vacation, I spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, yard work, sorting through mail, and grocery shopping. By evening I found my will waning. Remembering Charlotte Mason's advice that a change of physical or mental occupation would help "return to the charge and to choose this day the path of duty" I thought I would divert myself with a post.

The current issue of Mothering magazine has a feature article entitled Home is Where the Job Is. In it I am one of the moms interviewed regarding stories and strategies of working from home and my business is featured in a sidebar called Going Barefoot. If you pick up a copy you'll also find a fun article called Crafty Mamas which hi-lights some of the most accomplished handcraft and blogging moms out there today.

Above is an image from the article which is special to me because, if you look closely, you can see my children playing under the table. I hope to share the story behind the story later but at the moment I need to will myself to bed.

2 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Cannot wait to hear the "story behind the story." I love what you do, and I'll surely pick up a copy to support it. Welcome home.

Jeanne said...

Hiya!

So glad you're home again! You inspire me soooo much!

Jeanne

PS Can't wait to hear more!