Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scraping and painting the outside of our house has given me much more time than usual for pondering and reflection. Intermittently, I am brought out of meditation by my family - to listen as Luca shares information about the giant colossal squid, or the sudden realization that the new game Max is making up on the swing is called "Kick the Face."

Parallels to painting and life abound - with the exception that split-ends are considered a good thing in a brush. An overheard lesson on painting given by my husband had me in prayer and repentance for a good while: "Don't hold the brush too tightly," he explained. "Pushing and pulling will not work. Gentleness yields smoother, better results with less effort."

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh touché Richele,

That's just what I needed to hear tonight. Providential timing once more. Thank you.

Erin Neiner said...

Remind me to NOT let the boys play "kick the face" next time... :) What a great, great reminder...gentleness...hmmm...willbe pondering on that one for awhile!

Trinity Mommy said...

What a wonderful post! I need to be reminded of this so often!

Jeanne said...

Just dropped in to say 'Hi'. Having a ball. Disneyland was a hoot! Love to the boys.