Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

It actually started seven years ago when we were blessed with our very own Max.

Looking through Maxim's baby book this morning I came across the George MacDonald poem Baby, which ends:

How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me, and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought about you, and so I am here.


Seven symbolizes both completion and perfection in God's Word and I am reminded of Paul's words for my son:

For I am confident in this, He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

While tucking Max in last night, he told me that he was both excited and sad. Excited, he told me, because perhaps he was getting a puppy the next day and sad because we could no longer hold him like a baby.

I'm sorry to report that there was no puppy waiting for Max this year. Happily though, I will still be able to hold him in my arms for awhile yet. When he gets too heavy, he will continue to be held in my heart and by the Lord's righteous right hand.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful post, Richele.

I hoped you were going to write about your special boy's special day.

Kim said...

Hello, Just found your blog, that is very, very nice. We also recently celebrated my oldest turning 7. A gift from my husband and I was the book "Where the wild things are" . :)
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/2moremade4/692577/

Nick Manson said...

Seventeen years ago, strolling with Jacob, I often noticed old men staring at us. I now know they were pining for days gone by. He will be taller than I soon. Oh, how time flies.

Also, sixteen years ago we were drowning in pigeon poo during the flood of '93.