Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just for fun...



A year ago last summer a few of us were invited to Barefoot's flagship store in Cambridge (that's the one in Massachusetts) to share what a Barefoot life means to us. I had long since forgotten about it but a friend recently phoned to say she'd seen me on the video. Since I love it when I get the rare chance to see the moms behind the blogs, I thought it might be fun for you. See if you can pick me out. Hint: I think my love of Charlotte Mason came through in my answer (and my profile pic is on the right).

A look behind the scenes:

Though quite comfortable with public speaking I was scared out of my wits when co-founders Nancy Traversy and Tessa Strickland sat down to listen. They are both generous (and creative and very good at what they do) so I had no reason to be uncomfortable but I felt I was talking about their baby. BTW, those are two of Nancy's "babies" at the end of the clip.

I had wanted to bring the boys to meet author Laurie Krebs and illustrator Clare Beaton, who was making fabric pictures with the kids. They opted to stay at their friends' house to play...which meant I was free to have lunch with some of the other moms you see in the video - truly the hi-light of the day.

5 comments:

rachaelnz said...

Hi Richele,
Oh you're definitely the lovely lady who says this; "Noble ideas, worthwhile activities, immigration(or ingetration?), our relationship with the natural world and with eachother..." It's a lovely video.

Jeanne said...

Love, love, love seeing you in real life! You seem so gentle, my lovely friend.

I am interested to see Lin Yi's Lantern on your blog. I'd wondered about this one, since we like to celebrate the Moon Festival as a family each year. (Already have our cakes sitting in the kitchen ready for next weekend!)A keeper, you reckon?

Richele said...

You're right, Rachel, and the word I used is "integration" and there is a very quirky reason why I even said that word.

Jeanne, Lin Yi's Lantern was illustrated by Benjamin Lacombe - you may know of some of his books in French. You will definitely get lost while exploring his site.

Maxim and Luca both give the book two thumbs up. Luca desperately wants a red rabbit lantern and Max is enthralled with Benjamin Lacombe's illustrations.

Thru a Tori-lens said...

Thanks for finding my blog, Richele! I love yours, too... I didn't know you were homeschooling your kids! Wonderful! I'm working through the Charlotte Mason as we speak... and Susan Wise Bauer... and many others! Blessings to you-

Jane said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your blog and it was fun to 'see you in person'.