Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To our homeschool friends far and wide...

"After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working."
-Mole from The Wind in the Willows.

A tribute to all our friends on the other side of the globe who are thoroughly enjoying their holidays!* *that means "school vacation" in American-English

School (used in the loosest of terms) continues here. Luca in pajamas, Max in a cartoon character t-shirt and a messy kitchen. Oh, and a bit more compromising evidence that may find itself in the CM-version of Us magazine below:

"In my defense, your honor, I insist only on Gertrude Chandler Warner."

You can read more about twaddle in Jeanne's post Bad Books. Pass the cheese curls.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Nice to see what the Barbarin's are up to!

Shame I can't read the title on the book, but it is good to see that Luca's table manners are about as good as Jemimah's! She seems to think that if she can lift a Chinese rice bowl to her lips then she should be able to lift her cereal bowl as well...

I would love to hear you reading Schnitzle, Schnotzle and Schnootzle out loud! Hee Hee!

Jeanne said...

Oops, floating apostrophe there. Sorry.

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Richele,
Today has really seemed like holidays, as I haven't done ANYTHING. Can you believe that - nothing?

Tomorrow is housework, and then I have cupboards to clean, windows to wash and curtains to wash, too.

Ah...holidays!
Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Richele said...

Jeanne, the book is one from The Boxcar Children Series!

I can believe it, Jillian. Nice to have one of those days before a big cleaning project.

Trinity Mommy said...

I love how cute your pics are! Looks like you are all enjoying this wonderful season!

Emily said...

Oh, a little twaddle now and then is like a few sweets here and there. I won't tell on you, Richele! :) A few months ago I allowed my daughter to read some Animal Ark books (she is interested in animal rehabilitation)....after a few of those, she decided they were boring because they were all the same, and not only that, she claimed the grammar was atrocious! Back to George MacDonald and Laura Ingalls Wilder! :)

~Maria said...

Hi Richele! We're doing a "loose school" schedule still too, lots of Advent fun! I have been meaning to ask you...Michelle thought you knew of a website where you can put in a line or various info from a book to find out the reading level. I was hoping to share that with our CM group if you have a link.

Hope you're keeping warm over there!
Blessings,
Maria

juliecache said...

my kids usually have a book to read while they are eating, too! And that book isn't bad enough for Us Magazine Your honesty makes me laugh.--