Saturday, January 9, 2010

Smooth and Easy Days

Those generous folks over at Simply Charlotte Mason are giving away Sonya Shafer's new e-book Smooth and Easy Days to download and enjoy for free. I've said this before about Sonya's writing: Don't even bother getting out your hi-lighter or you will end up with completely yellow pages.

This book is bursting with Charlotte Mason's thoughts, living examples, encouragement and motivation on one of the greatest gifts you can give your children: habits that build their character, all in an easily digestible (and printable) 45-pages.

Please don't be discouraged if you, like me, have allowed bad habits to creep in or you realize you are dealing with a strong sin-nature. How about taking one habit at a time? We took (S)CM's advice at the beginning of the summer and started with the habit of kindness. For Term 1 we added the habits of prayer and thankfulness. You may remember my struggle with accuracy and thoroughness which I have focused on overcoming this school year. These few habits have helped gain much smoother days here.


Sonya tells us of an even greater goal of habit cultivation than smooth and easy days, "Good habits instilled now will equip our children well for their futures." She continues, "That's a goal worth hanging on the galleries of our minds. Can you picture the rewarding scenes?"

9 comments:

~Maria said...

I literally downloaded it just before I saw your post. I can't wait to find time to read it later! A new year is a perfect time to start working on a new habit here. :) ~Maria

Clare said...

Thank you so much for the link! Have just downloaded it.

Chef Penny said...

Thanks so much! I am downloading it now. I am so glad to see someone else thinks that habit cultivation is a good goal! Stay warm!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for telling us about this! I'm off to download now...

Emily said...

Just downloaded it myself and will print it up to read while I walk on the treadmill (one of my new "good" habits). Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Sonya Shafer said...

Thanks for posting about the book, Richele. I'm so glad it's helpful to you!

Jill said...

thank you so much Richele! I love Sonya as well...wonderful books and a great resource!

Erin Neiner said...

going to download it right now! and adding it to my mommy education list! :) hope your day is going well...

Chaotic Beauty said...

Thanks so much for sharing this link!! I need some new inspiration, this time of year is so hard for me!