Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Much To Do about Something

My friend Jeanne's recent post on controlling books sparked a rather lengthy conversation with my husband regarding our study. When we bought the house this particular room was a cave of 70's paneling, dark blue industrial carpeting and curtains that fell apart when touched. How could form and function ever meet when they couldn't even see each other?

Two days ago at 1pm my husband phoned to ask if we could move everything out of the study so we could begin painting. Done. An evening and afternoon were spent priming the walls while a quick search on Craigslist yielded a lovingly used 6'x 6' Ikea Expedit bookcase. Whew. Well, actually we borrowed Mrs. N's Mister who so kindly helped move the behemoth. Whew.

Last night we went to pick out a paint color - usually a lengthy process and one that seldom goes my way. That may be the only down point to being married to a color scientist. This time it was quick and painless though and "Distant Star" will soon grace our walls.

Pictures may follow...that is if I ever find my camera amongst the piles of books.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to be of help!

I wonder whether you'll find your expedit as difficult to photograph as mine are proving to be?

Erin Neiner said...

Ooooooh! I cannot wait to see the new look! :) And *distant star*---what a fitting title to clothe your walls. What great provisions all around! :)

Erin Neiner said...

p.s. We have been listening to our new French Putumayo CD every single day since we (I) received it!!! We LOVE it! And you should see Caiden.....oh, you should see Caiden! :)

Laura Lou said...

CAN NOT WAIT!

Jeanne (and now you) inspired me to put that Expedit at the tippy-top of my Christmas wishlist! With this new school year and the massive load of Year-7 books, I found myself having to store--eek!--some of my pretties. :'(

Richele said...

Oh, I know - I've even got Plutarch shut up in storage. I think that Expedit now comes with adjustable shelves, too! Happy Ikea-ing.

Sue said...

Oh, what satisfaction you will feel when it's all done - please do share photos! I just have to see what "distant star looks like!

JeniferRiddle said...

I think we have (had) the exact same study with the dark paneling and all..... I want to paint it so much. Maybe if you post pics, I will be more inspired than I already am.

Jeanne said...

Time for another post from the world of Richele, me thinks!