Monday, November 22, 2010

High Speed Data Transfer



Luca, our six year old, tends to travel at one speed only - faster than thought.

3G has nothing on the high speed functioning capabilities of our children. A recent example:

My eight-year-old and I like to see what the Tuttle's in Peru are up to at Fisher Academy International - Teaching Home. While checking out another of their thrilling nature studies, I commented to him, "You know the name of their blog is an acronym, right?"

"Yeah, I know. It's FAITH," was his reply.

Ugh, it only took me a year to figure that one out and he knew it all along. Thinking I'd give him something to ruminate on, I asked, "Well, if you were to name our home school with an acronym, what would it be?"

Without skipping a beat he smiled and answered, "Russian American Growing Ground - Education Division."

If you're running on dial-up like their mama, the acronym formed is RAGGED.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he mean he's running you 'ragged' :-D

My kids--everyone's kids--never cease to amaze me!

Sue

amy in peru said...

hilarious. this made me laugh outright. again.

:)

well, they definitely keep us on our toes, that's for sure!

Ruby said...

Aha...a very sharp eight year old!

Jeanne said...

That's my boy!

Renelle said...

Wow, so clever. I never thought of it! Never a dull moment. See, you didn't even know you taught him that!!

juliecache said...

awesomeness.

joyfulmum said...

You have one clever boy on your hands!