Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year and a New Creation

While we have jumped into the new year with both feet, I realized we had never shared our most important event from the last.

Having witnessed many baptisms -- after communism ended in Russia we were baptizing over 100 heart-believers on a given day -- it still rates on my top ten list of things to do. Nothing prepared me though for the joy of hearing my own child profess his faith publicly. I'm still not sure if it was my heart singing or the heavenly host I heard.






Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

We're thankful for our local family of faith at New Life and the care we receive there. Thanks also to our family friend, Brian, who takes the time to clear up confusion surrounding baptism and other topics via his blog: That You May Know.

Happy New Year to you, my sweet friends around the world, with whom I have the honor of together going from strength to strength with. This journey of motherhood and home schooling can at times be akin to crossing the Jordan and I gain much encouragement from those of you that jump in daily with both feet! To Him be the glory!

10 comments:

juliecache said...

the jumping photo is fantastic! happy new year, richele!

Jeanne said...

Oh yes, this is so certainly a most important event!!

Thank you for sharing these special images of your beautiful boy with us.

Sarah said...

How absolutely beautiful. I am also looking forward to sharing this year with you, it's so exciting! xxx

Heather said...

Praise God for the sovereign work of salvation seen in your son! Happy for your family!

joyfulmum said...

Wow, that is definitley something worth jumping up and down about:)
Thanks also for your encouraging comments on my blog:) I look forward to learning more from you and about you this year!

Renelle said...

Reading just now Richele I had a sudden warm burst of affection for you and love you as a sister in Christ (from afar). I love how you think and what is important to you. Blessings Renelle

Nick Manson said...

That photo of either you or Michele getting baptized in the Mediterranean is definitely blogworthy. Beautiful. Do you still have a copy?

Richele said...

That picture of my baptism in the Adriatic Sea may be gone forever. I believe it can be found in a grey leather-bound Bible with a snap closure if anyone's seen it in the last twenty years.

Melissa said...

i would love, love, love to see that picture of you in the SEA!

celebrating with you from down here! i love you and your sweet family, and i love sojourning alongside YOU!

Anonymous said...

I,er, am going to dig/unearth that photo that might be in my basement. Barton(11)was baptized on Christmas day in a pink bathtub at my inlaws in Tennessee-just a few short weeks ago. How soon I forget the wonder in exchange for my messy house-or bookwork that is not getting done...Michele