Thursday, March 14, 2013

Where in the world...



Truly, I love being a part of this wonderful world with all of you. Our family experienced so many changes this past year that I hope you will understand why I could not properly take you along.

In March we sold our home in Massachusetts, packed up our furniture, books and our chickens and headed to the Midwest to restore and run the historic Northside Cafe' in Winterset, Iowa along with my sister and her husband. We also lived with my sisters' family on their 25-acre hobby farm where we were generously given the master bedroom and bath as our "apartment." Our kids spent the lazy days of summer on their cousins' farm being attended to by grandparents until my sister and I could switch days back and forth to be with the children.

In the throes of it all I finished writing a Charlotte Mason handbook, Mathematics: An Instrument for Living Teaching, which was published by Simply Charlotte Mason and released the end of September. This was an incredible experience for someone that struggled through high school math and I smile often to think how God's strength is made perfect in my weakness. Many thanks go out to the librarians and genealogists from around the world that befriended me and came to my aid as I dug for clues as to how mathematics were truly taught in Charlotte's schools.

We have now moved back to Massachusetts, are in temporary quarters, and will be moving shortly into a "new" c.1850 farmhouse. It will be our third move in a year. As we get settled in, I hope to give some answers to the FAQ's our family receives. Until then, I look forward to catching up with you all.


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Practically salivating to see your name pop up in my Reader!

Love you. xx

Renelle said...

Haha yes Jeanne, I'm sure I felt my heart palpitate. So good to see you back on blog. I look forward to hearting/hearing all your news and posts. Good to see you. Renelle x

Ruby said...

Good to see you back! You've had an exciting year.

Sarah said...

Welcome back! What an incredible adventure you all have had. I checked out your book over at SCM and sounds very interesting, I look forward to reading it sometime soon. :)

Chef Penny said...

I'm so glad you are back! I love the idea of a math book especially since I am mathmatically challenged! I look forward to reading more about it in your book. Like Jeanne, I was excited to see your name! :)

Richele said...

Thank you for the welcome back! Is it the sunshine, or why is it that my southern hemisphere friends and Florida friend are the ones I seem to hear from the most?

I really appreciate you all!

Joyfulmum said...

Welcome back Richelle! So good to hear from you again! You've had a very adventurous year! Congratulations on your book too!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I look forward to hearing about your ongoing adventures. ~ Christie

Heather said...

Richele!!!! I missed your posts and am so glad to hear what you've been up to! Phew! You have had some serious life adventures together and I look forward to checking out your book and reading whatever you share here with us. Love to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Richele! I had no idea that you moved back to Massachusetts. Of course we never had a chance to visit while you were in Iowa, but I will still miss you. Looking forward to reading more of your blog and seeing you at the LER. Erika

amy in peru said...

:) SOOOOOOOOO glad that you posted!!
serious withdrawals here.

i don't get around to blog reading much lately, so i'm glad i finally stumbled across this! lucky day! ;)